Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Watchmen" Premiere and More

"WATCHMEN" HAS PREMIERED!!!
My life desire has finally been fullfilled. The fanboy in me is tingling. Zack Snyder, director of "300" and "Watchmen" has finally done the impossible.
For those who don't know, "Watchmen" is a comics masterpiece. Set in the 1980's, it follows the adventures of the psychopathic nut-job Rorschach, who is investigating a superhero murder case. What he finds leads him to a large conspiracy that brings together many retired superheroes.
"Watchmen" is one of my favorite comics, and now that the first review has been released online, I felt the need to steam off. The movie premiered in Leicester Square in London.
***
Today I turned in an eleven page essay called "The Destroyer's Hands". It's about how the Americans supressed the ideas of the Native Americans. I really am proud of it, so to let you know, it follows  threads in four written masterpieces. They are:
  1. "Fools Crow" by James Welch
  2. Chief Seattle's Speech
  3. "Shadow of A Nation" by Gary Smith
  4. The Arapaho Tribes
I heavily suggest "Shadow of A Nation" as it is an amazing piece of writing. You can read the article here. It was first published in "Sports Illustrated".


Thanks for reading,
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment