Sunday, March 1, 2009

ClassicM and "1001 Movies"

Hi all! Just wanted to let you know, I've started a periodical called "ClassicM", which focuses on classic film. It basically just disects the form of film and there are lots of new articles going to be published. I'm going to get school friends involved and family involved, so if you want to get involved with it and get something published, please email me at my usual address (my gmail). Other than that, I've started a life-long quest to watch all of the "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die". I've seen quite a few already before actually getting the list, but those I've seen since I got the list are:
  1. Spartacus
  2. The Great Escape
  3. Notorious
And tonight, I'm going to watch "North by Northwest" and, if I get time, "Psycho". I just bought Psycho in the Universal Legacy Series, and it is a 2 Disc Special Edition. If you see it, get it, cause the packaging is brilliant, and there are tons of special features. With my pocket money, I am going to save up to get the two other Hitchcock films in the series: "Rear Window" and "Vertigo". And also, just because it doesn't hurt, I will also get "To Kill A Mockingbird". All three are in the "1001 Movies" book. If you want a copy of the checklist I made, just email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment