Friday, March 13, 2009

Jeff Kinney's "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"

I was looking in the school library today. I have just started a two week break from school, and it is sort of required that we have a book to read. 'Cause I've been working so hard at school recently and I haven't really had one seconds rest, I chose an easy book to read: "Diary of a Whimpy Kid" by Jeff Kinney. I started it at 12:00, stoppped at 12:20, and then after school started reading it again.
I finished it in one sitting.
So for anybody looking for a good book to read, and not necessarily a hard book to read, I heavily suggest this book. It takes the concept of an illustrated book and makes it into a blend of novel and comic book. It was an intresting read.
The premise of the book is that there is this kid called Greg Heffley. His mom says that if he starts writing a journal and writes an entry every day, he gets out of his chores for the weekend. Always taking shortcuts, the boy accepts, and soon he enters seventh grade (year 8 for us english people). His brain-dead friend Rowely hangs out with him and he generally has a bad time- all this is happening under the watchful eye of "The Cheese", a slice of cheese that has been on the basketball since last spring.
Again, quite an easy read. It is based on an online blog that the writer has- Funbrain.com- but I suggest that you read the actual book, as it is superior to the online book.

No comments:

Post a Comment